Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blogging through history ...

I began my research journey this past February.  Ultimately, I envisioned publishing the research online, and eventually in print.  For now, I settled on a blog.  

Writing a blog is easy, but my problem was where to start, how to tell the story in a way that it is an interesting read for the various generations, and to keep it short.  So I started by giving a brief overview of part of the Staub history by mentioning Adam (Staab) Staub in my first blog post.   FYI … there is more to this history to share! So I began with Myrtle (aka. Mammaw) and husband John Lawrence Staub.

Every July the Staubs meet in Brushtown for an annual reunion.  Do you remember Mammaw and her sister, Violet, who came to the reunions until they died?  So when did these reunions start?  Was Mammaw’s husband, John Lawrence, still living when the reunions began? Can anyone tell me this?  I would love to know, and so would others.  Add what you know in the comment box below. 

This photo is dated July 1959, and is of Mammaw and John’s children.  (Another FYI, John Lawrence died May 21, 1948.) Sitting center is Mammaw, of course.  Now, how many of you can identify her children?  This is not a contest but a walk down memory lane.  Enjoy! I will post the names in a later blog post.
 
Watch for next week's blog to learn more about John Lawrence, Mammaw and your German roots.  Until then …

No comments: